Let us you introduce you to one of our spanish partners, a Start-Up company called “Machine to Cloud Solutions” ( http://www.m2c-solutions.es ) aka M2C.
M2C has created a nice solution to remotely manage industrial equipment with a wired RS-232/RS-485 interface over a Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) connected to the cloud via a gateway. This solution can be used in several scenarios:
- Wireless reading multiple smart meters, etc.
- Control of industrial equipment and machines.
- Wireless communication with SCADA systems.
The solution is composed of the following elements:
- RS-232/RS-485 to Mesh device, attached to the energy meter, and able to route data between nodes to a gateway.
- Gateway or hub with information gathering capabilities, connected to the Internet via Ethernet or GSM mobile network.
- Platform As A Service (PAaS) solution provided by Carriots, specifically designed for M2M and IoT solutions. Carriots offers a highly available cloud platform used to monitor, control and configure the wireless devices.
If you want to know more here is a PDF describing this solution and how it is used for Smart-Metering: M2C – RS232 to Mesh – (PDF)