Presented jointly with the Center for Automotive Research (CAR), the 8th Annual Altair Enlighten Awards acknowledge the world’s best initiatives to reduce vehicle weight and meet emissions targets. This award draws the best innovations that will push the industry forward into a sustainable future. It inspires interest from industries, engineers, policymakers, educators, students and the public while promoting a platform for new ideas and incentives to share technological advances.
Recognizing commercial automotive lightweighting achievements and technologies, the Altair Enlighten Awards will be presented in four categories:
- Full Vehicle – exceptional achievement in the lightweighting of an entire vehicle
- Module – innovation in the lightweighting of a subsystem or component
- Enabling Technology – any technology that enables lightweight innovation in a vehicle, such as a material or joining technology
- Future of Lightweighting – innovative ideas, processes, materials, and technologies that have significant potential to support lightweighting initiatives but have yet to be leveraged on a production vehicle platform
Winners will receive global recognition and become recognized as a pioneer in lightweighting technologies and methodologies.
Ferrari’s Portofino was the 2019 winner in the Full Vehicle, low-volume production category. Innovative design approaches and manufacturing processes were applied to achieve a much lighter and stiffer body-in-white structure.
“At Altair, when we contemplate the perils of global warming and climate change, we think ‘what can we do to help?’ We believe passionately that our solutions help customers fundamentally rethink and redesign vehicles to reduce weight without reducing performance,” said James Scapa, Altair’s chief executive officer and founder. “So, eight years ago, we introduced the Altair Enlighten Awards to recognize industry innovative ideas that drastically lower vehicle weight for emission reduction and cost saving.”
The 2019 winners were presented the award and recognized at the CAR MBS event in Traverse City, Mich.
Click here for more information or to submit an entry. Entries must be received by May 31, 2020. Final judging will occur in June and winners will be announced in an awards ceremony on August 4, 2020 at the annual CAR Management Briefing Seminars (MBS) held in Traverse City, Mich.
- The Cost of a Millisecond: HPC Job Scheduling for Semiconductor Design - February 14, 2020
- Altair Enlighten Awards Now Open – Accepting Submissions for Global Automotive Lightweighting Advancements - February 3, 2020
- Crash Simulation with Arm and the Catalyst UK Project - January 24, 2020