Winning technologies to be featured prominently on giant screens in Times Square and in global broadcasts
TROY, Mich. – May 1, 2018 – Altair (Nasdaq:ALTR) and Nasdaq invite the 2018 Enlighten Award winners to Times Square this fall to open the stock market. The Opening Market Bell Ceremony will take place on September 6, 2018 in New York City and will be broadcast globally.
The Nasdaq Opening Market Bell Ceremony takes place on a daily basis and provides a platform for companies to achieve global exposure and generate buzz around newsworthy events, milestones and celebrations. The ceremonies are recorded at the Nasdaq MarketSite Studio in Times Square and broadcasted live on news and business channels all over the world.
“We are thrilled to be able to offer such a great experience to the winners of our Enlighten Award,” says Richard Yen, Senior Vice President, Global Automotive and Industry Verticals Team at Altair. “Lighting up Times Square with the impressive technologies that these companies have developed will certainly receive media attention worldwide and extend their brands on a global scale.”
The Enlighten Award, presented in partnership with the Center for Automotive Research (CAR), aims to honor the automotive industry’s greatest achievements in weight savings at every stage of vehicle development. This year’s award will recognize exceptional achievement in four categories:
- Full Vehicle – ideal for submitting a specific car, truck, etc. that is already in production
- Module – best for submitting a subsystem or component on a production vehicle
- Enabling Technology – suits any submission regarding a supporting technology used on a commercial platform
- The Future of Lightweighting – reserved for concepts that hold significant promise to impact lightweighting in the future but have not been used on a production vehicle or component
Entries are now being accepted for the 2018 Altair Enlighten Award and can be submitted at www.altairenlighten.com/award. The deadline is May 25, 2018, and the awards will be presented on July 30, 2018 at the CAR Management Briefing Seminars (MBS) in Traverse City, MI, USA.
Winners of the 2018 Altair Enlighten Award will have the opportunity to participate on a lighweighting lunch and learn panel immediately following the award ceremony. The lunch and learn, planned for Monday, July 30, 2018 at CAR MBS, will provide attendees the opportunity to hear more about the innovative lightweighting technologies developed by the 2018 award recipients.
Latest posts by Richard Yen (see all)
- Automotive Lightweighting Innovators Honored with 2018 Altair Enlighten Awards - July 30, 2018
- 57 Automotive Industry Finalists Vie for Coveted 2018 Altair Enlighten Award - July 19, 2018
- Europe’s Leading Car Manufacturers Announce Winners of Open Innovation Challenge to Reduce Emissions - May 25, 2018