In some way Carriots is like a giant iceberg. The control panel is the visual part of the software. But this user interface is only a small part of our IoT Platform. Since we launched our first version, almost our entire product enhancement happened in areas below the user interface surface. We added a lot of features to make our engine more powerful and some of these features were only available through the API.
For the past months we have worked on updating the control panel to be friendlier and give you more useful information. Here is the result:
As you can see we added some new features:
- Dashboards to monitor the usage and limits of you account (both minute and daily limits)
- A better Geo-location integration (Don’t forget to declare the position of your device like you configure it)
- A better Alarm management system
- A new Terminal to test the code of your listeners with colors to help you the writing and debugging.
- A new navigation through shortcuts.
We also have a new very exciting feature: A new Apps Market Zone. This area is designed for third party apps or services to be integrated with Carriots. Here you will find free services like Twitter or Dropbox but also paying services from other companies offering amazing extensions to Carriots. We just launched our first paying service with Initial State dash-boarding service. With InitialState you can create powerful dashboards, using your data in Carriots with a very simple drag and drop. Here is a sample of the result:
In the following weeks we will post more about this area and how we partner with other companies to promote it.
We hope you enjoy Carriots new features and visual user interface. Stay tuned because many more visual features are expected in the coming months.