Next generation structural simulation product for design engineers
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada. (January 4, 2016) – Altair SimSolid Corporation is proud to announce Altair SimSolid, the first structural simulation product with new technology created specifically for the design engineer. Most notable, Altair SimSolid contains new methods that eliminates geometry simplification and meshing, the two most time consuming and expertise extensive tasks done in traditional FEA. Moreover, Altair SimSolid can analyze complex parts and large assemblies not practical with traditional FEA and do it efficiently on a desktop class computer.
“Altair SimSolid solves a fundamental problem” says Altair SimSolid Corporation CEO Ken Welch, “being able to directly analyze fully featured CAD geometry without meshing opens simulation to a whole new group of users and applications.”
The Altair SimSolid computational engine is based on breakthrough extensions to the theory of external approximations. External approximations are a generalization of Finite Element Method (FEM) in terms that:
- absolutely arbitrary geometrical shapes can be used as “finite elements”
- basis functions which approximate field of interest in the part volume can be of arbitrary class and are independent of the volume shape
Altair SimSolid does not use the point-wise degrees of freedom (DOF) inherent in traditional FEA. Altair SimSolid DOF are functionals with geometrical support in the form of volumes, areas, line clouds, and point clouds. This provides the ability to handle geometrical imperfections, as well as assembly contact imperfections like gaps, penetrations and ragged contact areas.
What Beta users are saying
- “The ability to analyze large models without having to simplify them first is a definite timesaver” says Leif Erickson, VP Engineering, Cenairus Energy Services Ltd., Canada.
- “Altair SimSolid is the way to make the complex engineering problems easier” says Zoltán Szabó, CEO, Complex Engineering Ltd., Hungary.
- “Altair SimSolid, with its meshless technology, removes yet another barrier between having to be a specialist and getting a job done. It is structural analysis for everyone” says Christopher Schaefer, Engineer, Gardner-Denver Thomas Inc., USA.
Altair SimSolid Features
- Solution methods for structural statics, modal, thermal and thermal stress simulation
- Isotropic, incompressible and rigid material properties
- Smart automatic assembly connections that can be bonded, sliding or bolted
- Direct CAD integration to Onshape CAD system
- Unique image gallery bookmarking feature to save and quickly restore solution result configurations
- Fully automatic mixed (SI and IPS) units processing
Altair SimSolid is available now. Pricing is based on a monthly or annual subscription and a free trial is available.
To learn more about Altair SimSolid, visit www.simsolid.com
About Altair SimSolid Corporation
Altair SimSolid Corporation is a startup company pioneering new methods for performing structural analysis by design engineers. Our unique approach eliminates geometry simplification and mesh generation, the two most time consuming and expertise extensive tasks done in traditional FEA. Our product analyzes complex parts and large assemblies not practical with other methods and does it efficiently on desktop class computer.
Altair SimSolid Corporation has locations in Newport Beach, California USA and Mississauga, Ontario Canada.
Media Contact: Ken Welch: email@example.com
Latest posts by Ken Welch (see all)
- Is SimSolid Accurate? We Dare You to Find Out! - October 23, 2019
- Solving the Geometry Problem: Simulation-Driven Design - September 24, 2019
- Altair SimSolid in the News - January 24, 2019