We are proud to announce the launch of WEYV, Inc., a platform for streaming audio and visual content, including music, magazines, podcasts, e-books, TV shows and more. WEYV is available as an ad-free, subscription-based app that allows users to listen to music, read magazines and (soon) watch visual content.
You may be wondering, “What does an entertainment app have to do with Altair?” It all comes down to the business model. WEYV is built on Altair’s patented digital content licensing model. This is the same token-based licensing system that Altair customers use to access Altair software as well as solutions from the Altair Partner Alliance.
WEYV is the next generation of Altair’s value-oriented licensing model. It allows us to offer Altair customers and consumers convenient access to various forms of entertainment in an all-in-one environment and enable our users to structure a plan that best fits their needs.
You can hear more about how WEYV came to life from Altair CEO, Jim Scapa, at the 2017 Altair Technology Conference here:
Key features of WEYV include:
- All-in-one experience – Music and magazines in one app
- Customization options – Ability to tailor music stations, including sliding scales to set artist percentage and song popularity
- Multi-tasking – Simultaneously listen to music while reading a magazine
- Social sharing – Share stations, playlists, songs, articles and reading lists with others
- Connectivity – Create private groups with colleagues, friends and family where everyone can contribute to creating reading lists and playlists
- Access content offline – Download and access music and magazines when a Wi-Fi connection is not available
- Family-friendly content – WEYV adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA) so parents have peace of mind knowing their children can listen to music & read magazines safely
- Socially responsible – WEYV will donate 0.5% of its revenue to charity. The more you listen to an artist, the more WEYV will donate to the charity selected by or on behalf of that artist.
WEYV contains more than 19 million songs and a full catalog of consumer magazines like Golf, Fortune, People and Food & Wine and industry publications like Digital Engineering, Electro Optics and Fibre Systems. More content – including music, magazines, podcasts and videos – will be added to WEYV on a rolling basis.
WEYV is available on iOS and Android devices and via a web player for U.S.-based users.